Assistant, Administrative - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, up to 19 hours as assigned.|
|Position Focus||College Connection Program|
|Salary||$10.75/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide clerical and administrative support for the College Connection Program.
Dean, Student Services, Eastview Campus
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs administrative duties for a department in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including examining and answering correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications, processing mail, answering the telephone and e-mail, arranging conference calls, and maintaining or coordinating the supervisor's schedule.
- Performs clerical duties including correspondence, ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Gathers, compiles and enters data, producing routine and specialized reports and documents; maintains files, records, logs, and other tracking systems.
- Designs and produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals or other documents; may maintain or update web pages.
- Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone; accesses and works with other staff to assist in resolving issues from students, employees and the public
- Maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments, which may include scheduling department meetings and events, issuing invitations, arranging for location and equipment, typing minutes and preparing information packets.
- May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as scheduling rooms, compiling information packets, creating spreadsheets, charts and graphs and other projects.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software applications.
- Work is routinely performed in an office setting.
- May be subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity
- Occasional to routine lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Two years clerical, office, or related work experience.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.