Advisor, Academic - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Up to 19 hours per week as assigned; Must be able to work week days, weekends, days and evening hours.|
|Salary||$13.75/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide academic advising services for the Men of Color program.
Coordinator, Men of Color
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advises students; explains degree plans, admissions and registration procedures, provides assessment and financial aid information, and other requirements necessary for enrollment.
- Assists in developing recruitment and advising materials.
- Maintains and updates records and files and submits reports as appropriate.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College admission and financial aid procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Accurately maintaining filing systems.
- Making individual and group presentations.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Two years related work experience that would result in the required level of knowledge and skills for performing the duties of this position including, student recruiting, advising, group and individual presentations of academic programs, and successful interaction with potential students.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Drivers License and reliable transportation for in-district travel.
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, and/or Datatel software.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.