Apply for this Position
Position open until filled.
Originally posted on 08/06/2014
|Location||Highland Business Center|
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Must also be able to work some evenings and weekend work hours.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To plan, develop and administer the ACC Alumni Relations programs and activities that strategically engage alumni with ACC and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students.
Special Assistant to the President/CEO
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally; maintains regular communication with alumni via various communication methods (direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, print publications, etc.).
- Manages, organizes and creates alumni special events and activities including creating announcement materials, tracking participation, and making arrangements for event and program facilities.
- Serves as communication liaison for alumni events and programs. Encourages alumni support and participation in educational, cultural, and social programs of the College.
- Secures commitments from alumni and the community to provide professional expertise and volunteer service; identifies and recruits alumni and the community for participation in special events and programs; identifies services to be made available to alumni.
- Develops and manages database of alumni information including current contact information, biographical and career information, etc.; works in coordination with IT to develop protocols for internal access of alumni information.
- Conducts alumni surveys and compiles, analyzes and reports alumni survey data to administration.
- Manages the budget for Alumni Relations area including programs, services and communications.
- Works collaboratively with the ACC Foundation Office in increasing support from alumni; routinely identifies and qualifies alumni prospects for gifts.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments of the College, sharing information on the alumni program and cooperatively working within the ACC District to institutionalize the Alumni Relations programs and activities.
- Oversees Alumni Advisory Council.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- ACC's vision and mission
- ACC's Servant-Leadership Philosophy
- Importance of the role of alumni interaction with the College.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Outstanding people skills, including the ability to connect people with one another and the College.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve college goals.
- Effectively coordinating programs and special events.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Prioritizing, implementing, and managing multiple projects and due dates.
- Effectively working with diverse and multicultural persons.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications including website design and database management.
- Experience using engagement management software such as iModules.
- Experience working with a membership database.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
- Two years related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required along with occasional travel out of district.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.