Instructional Associate (III) - Part-Time (50%)
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and provide discipline of interest in: Chemistry
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
Internal - Open to current ACC Employees only
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Nights and Weekends as needed|
|Position Focus||Developmental Math support for students enrolled in HLC ACCelerator|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide instructional support for the assigned Department: Biology, Chemistry, English Writing/Reading, ESOL, Government/History, Math (including Developmental), and Physics.
Learning Lab Manager
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works on special academic projects.
- Assists with student support programs.
- Assists with and attends outreach events and departmental projects as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles with an understanding of the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the discipline.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Understanding the principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
- Dealing with sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Effective planning, organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively assisting and assessing student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintaining an established schedule, including evenings and weekends, and multiple campus locations that may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrating proficiency using computer applications, classroom or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level.
- Experience using standard office software programs and the technology needed to support learning at the college level.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in an office/classroom environment.
- To be hired in this position, an adjunct faculty member must be teaching for Austin Community College and continue to teach at least one course per semester.
- Meet SACS requirements in teaching discipline.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and provide discipline of interest i.e. Biology, Chemistry, English Writing/Reading, ESOL, Government/History, Math (including Developmental),or Physics
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Applications are complete upon receipt of an official transcript. ACC only accepts transcripts that are mailed directly from educational institutions. Educational Institutions must mail transcripts to the Highland Business Center, Attn. E.M. Breedlove, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752.
Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
Applicants who have degrees earned from educational institutions located outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service prior to applying for Faculty and/or Adjunct Faculty positions. If the transcripts are in a foreign language, applicants also need to have their transcripts translated prior to applying for ACC job opportunities.
Foreign Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.