Coordinator, Communications/Social Media
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Highland Business Center|
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
Responsible for the ongoing coordination and growth of Austin Community College's social media presence in alignment with marketing and outreach strategies. Includes the maintenance, monitoring, and content creation of the college's official social media sites including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and Instagram. Also serves as marketing photographer, providing professional-level digital imagery for use in print and electronic marketing communications.
Director, Associate Communications
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and grows the college's presence on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Creates, curates, and posts text and digital content across social media channels on a daily basis, including tweets, status updates, pins, photos, videos, and audio clips, etc.
- Takes photos and videos to be developed into ACC web content or integrated into print and online marketing campaigns.
- Works with marketing leadership to develop and implement the college's overall social media strategies and tactics as well as annual event specific plans.
- Tracks social media results and report on those findings, as well as assists in active "listening" to the social media community, regularly reporting on those findings. Develops strategies to improve performance.
- Creates and maintains a social media editorial calendar that incorporates relevant community dates, college-wide calendars, and marketing campaign timelines.
- Works with college departments and programs to support and protect the ACC brand by ensuring consistent, positive messaging is maintained within the online community.
- Assists with the college crisis communications plan and implements the components of the plan in the event of a critical event/emergency.
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing, and executing social media initiatives.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and processes for brand management and the role of multimedia communications in integrated marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of web and social media management and analytics tools.
- Experience using DSLR cameras, lenses, and related equipment.
- Experience with current videography equipment.
- Solid technical knowledge for relevant digital equipment and imaging/editing software.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Exceptional ability to write high-impact social content at a moment's notice and adapt traditional writing into social media language.
- Ability to use digital creation software such as Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with key social media audiences and online influencers.
- Strong digital photography, lighting, and compositional skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain all aspects of digital asset storage and management of talent releases.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with challenging deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while providing regular updates to marketing team.
- Maintaining and established work schedule, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and post-production digital imaging/editing software in a predominantly Mac-based environment.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to traveling within the Austin region.
- Two years' relevant experience in a professional, customer-focused setting.
- One to two years' experience in a digital communicator role, such as an email marketer, social media specialist, or web editor.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, photojournalism, photography, communications, or advertising/marketing.
- Must be available for occasional night and weekend projects.
- Must have valid Texas Driver's License and reliable personal transportation for frequent travel to ACC campus and events.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.