Coordinator, Dental Hygiene Clinic
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Position Focus||Coordinator, dental hygiene clinic|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To coordinate services and activities of the on-site ambulatory care dental hygiene clinic.
Department Chair, Dental Hygiene
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities and services of assigned lab and clinical areas including support scheduling, clinic set up, and management of lab and clinic equipment and supplies.
- Provides assistance to instructors and/or students in the clinical setting; trains faculty, staff and students on the use of clinic, lab and sterilization equipment.
- Ensures that the materials lab, support areas and clinic are clean, safe, and organized; promotes safe clinical practices.
- Coordinates the ordering and re-supply of lab and clinic expendables, clinic prescription products and medical glasses.
- Repairs or coordinates the repair, servicing and replacement of lab and clinic equipment as required.
- Maintains and coordinates an accurate inventory of departmental technology, clinic and lab equipment, and chemicals.
- Assures regulatory compliance to meet local, state and nationals requirements; provides and tracks required compliance training to students, faculty and staff.
- Serves as the key administrator of the patient management database (EagleSoft software) to include coordination of software upgrades, serving as the liaison with the software vendor, and providing associated training to students, faculty and staff.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new lab materials, clinic equipment and instructional technologies.
- Acts as the liaison between lab personnel, clinical faculty, the Department Chair, the Health Professions Institute, and the Department of Environmental Health & Safety.
- Responds to inquiries inside and outside Austin Community College regarding the Dental Hygiene Clinic.
- May tutor or supervise students and/or coordinate the work of other personnel.
- May work in other Health Sciences Departments when patient care is not occurring.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Safety standards and practices used in lab/clinical and classroom settings.
- Skills, equipment, supplies and technology applicable to dentistry.
- Regulatory requirements, processes and procedures applicable to dentistry.
- Lab and clinic equipment assessment, maintenance and repair.
- Purchasing/procurement and best practices.
- Patient care database management.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Applying regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Applying technical expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Using creativity and independent thought to resolve issues.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy as well as working with diverse student and faculty populations.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Following established procedures in emergency situations.
- Providing assistance to students, faculty and staff in a clinical environment.
- Promoting and ensuring safe lab and clinical practices.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student, patient and work related information and materials.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending new lab and clinical equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and a patient management database (i.e. EagleSoft, Dentrix, etc.).
- Work is primarily performed in the dental hygiene materials lab, dental hygiene clinic and office environment.
- Manual dexterity and ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
- Exposure to hazards related to working in a dental waste/sharps environment.
- Potential for exposure to contaminated blood and/or bodily fluid.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Three years clinical work experience as a licensed dental hygienist in good standing in the state of Texas.
- Five years clinical work experience as a licensed dental hygienist in good standing in the state of Texas.
- University or community college teaching or lab assistant experience in an ADA CODA accredited dental hygiene program.
- Procurement experience.
- Associate's degree in dental hygiene, or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Current license to practice dental hygiene in the state of Texas in good standing.
- Ability to be bonded.
- Reliable transportation for travel in the Austin and central Texas area as required.
- ACC policies and procedures, board policies and administrative rules.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.