Specialist, Student Life Internal Communication - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Round Rock Campus|
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Salary||$14.50/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To assist in the creation of original or refined written and graphic content supporting the Student Life Strategic Communications Plan and serve as a resource to internal or external clients.
Supervisor, Student Life Communications
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the preparation, editing, and dissemination of target audience materials for print and/or electronic media including the student newspaper, events calendar, event marketing materials, club guideline handbook, website, and magazine articles, etc.
- Consults with and makes recommendations to Supervisor and Director on communication strategies and specific tactics.
- Reviews and edits written communications generated by students within the campus community for tone, style and grammar; ensures consistency with the ACC and Student Life brand.
- Assists students with the marketing of the department student groups at special College functions.
- Assists in the development of marketing goals and assessment of outcomes of student co-curricular services, programs, events, and efforts.
- Under the general direction of the Supervisor and Director, designs, coordinates, and/or reviews promotional materials for student groups including posters, brochures, website, written publications; oversees promotion and advertising sales for the student newspaper.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Basic practices of media, public relations, marketing and graphic design.
- Web design and editing, HTML, etc.
- News reporting, magazine writing, production and layout.
- Editing principles, practices and techniques.
- Curriculum and design.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Coaching students.
- Writing and editing news, informational and promotional materials.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with on a MAC with computer programs such as Word, Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Indesign, Acrobat, HTML, and website editing.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
- One year related work experience in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- One year work experience in Graphic Design.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.