Intern, Student Life Public Relations - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Round Rock Campus|
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Salary||$8.50/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide support to the Student Life Communications staff in public relations efforts.
Supervisor, Student Life Communications
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the promotion of Student Life campus events.
- Assist with the arrangement of meetings with faculty whose courses/students could benefit from the attendance of an upcoming Student Life events (e.g. Unity Jams = International Students Office).
- Respond to student, faculty, and staff questions regarding navigation of ACC and Student Life resources.
- Assist with the recruitment of students for Campus Teams.
- Research speakers that would be relevant, inspiring and new to add to Student Life programming and provide research results to Student Life staff.
- Send out emails via MySL to students promoting upcoming events and need to know information.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of publicity strategies centered around the Student Life programming calendar.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Student Life Point of Service Survey.
- Work with the staff to address marketing strategies and/or workshop concerns and questions from students, faculty, administration and staff.
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of focus groups with Campus Team and Campus Managers.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Social Media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Hoot Suite, Instagram, etc.
- Internet search techniques and browsers.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- The ability to work independently within departmental policies and guidelines.
- Respecting a unique and diverse multicultural environment.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office software.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
- One year related work experience.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Drivers License.
- Reliable transportation for local, in-district travel.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.