Clerk, Student Services - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Typical workday may include Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Position Focus||College Connection services at area high schools|
|Salary||$10.75/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide clerical and student services assistance with the College Connection ACCeleration Team.
Supervisor, College Connection
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists current and prospective students with information on the enrollment process, including admissions, financial aid, and assessment.
- Monitors and screens student records for status information including holds, academic standings, and exceeding course loads.
- Enters data, maintains and updates student information database.
- Provides clerical support for various programs and functions including College outreach and recruitment programs, advising, counseling, and assessment.
- Responds to questions and inquiries in person, by telephone, or email.
- Assists high school seniors in the completion of college applications.
- Assists in assessment administration maintaining the integrity of the assessment process and site security.
- Explains TSI Assessment procedures and monitors students as they test.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College admissions requirements, programs, and courses.
- Customer service techniques and practices.
- TSI Assessment administration.
- Student financial aid processes and activities.
- Federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid programs.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Performing clerical tasks, including data entry and filing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard word processing, database, and presentation office software applications.
- Mid-level competency using Excel and MS Word.
- Work is routinely performed in a school or office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- One year related work experience in an office, educational, or customer service environment.
- Work experience in a higher education office setting. General office experience including filing, alphabetization, customer service using telephones and email, and inventory processes. Experience with database management and maintenance, and with web-based software programs.
- One year experience working with students and the public.
- Experience providing information to students regarding programs, application procedures, financial aid, etc.
- Associate degree or 60 college credit hours.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Drivers License.
- Reliable transportation for local area travel.
- TSI exempt or complete.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.