Coordinator, Business Testing Services
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (evenings and weekends)|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To support the ongoing testing activities of the College’s GED Testing Center, the Business Assessment Center, and other offsite contract test locations for Austin Community College.
Dean, Student Services
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements security procedures for all assessments housed in the Center. Provides security for test copies, answer keys and answer sheets; reports alleged cases of scholastic dishonesty.
- Ensures correct student identification procedures, administration of tests, grading of tests using scoring machines, and providing students and businesses with feedback.
- Acts as a liaison for ongoing contract maintenance for center testing including "High Stakes" testing through the ACT Certification and Licensure Exam Program, Pearson VAU Testing Center, MSSC Testing Center, iBT/GRE Testing Center, National Testing Consortium, CLEP Testing Center, DSST Testing Center, Proctored Examination Center and contract test sites off of the Austin Community College campuses.
- Audits to ensure uniform implementation of proper testing policies and procedures including but not limited to National Testing Companies, the American Council on Education, and the Texas education Agency are followed.
- Analyzes and advises on state mandated regulations and course skill requirements to determine student eligibility for enrolling in classes.
- Arranges for space and equipment for contract testing for local, state, and national testing companies.
- Troubleshoots and make recommendations for changes to better serve the user and support vendor protocols.
- Assists in maintaining written procedures and guidelines for all testing activities.
- May assist in acquiring new testing opportunities for the College.
- May assist in review and recommend updates to annual center renewed contracts.
- May assist in review and recommend changes to new center contracts as requested.
- May oversee proctors as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- High Stakes Certification and Licensure Testing administration.
- Testing policies and procedures.
- Testing center user requirements.
- Security measures and standards in relation to testing.
- Student identification procedures, administration of tests, and scoring.
- Reporting processes in relation to alleged scholastic dishonesty.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing test center security and enforcing/reviewing test center procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Two years assessment/testing work experience.
- Work experience at an educational testing center that conducted "High Stakes Examination".
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Within 60 days of hire, must be able to be obtain the following certifications: High Stakes Certification and Licensures, Testing Center Administrator Certification, and GED Examiner by the Texas Education Agency.
- Within 60 days of hire, must obtain the following appointments: GED Examiner and pass all certifications for "High Stakes Testing".
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.