Coordinator, Evening/Weekend Operations - Part-Time (75%)
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Evenings and weekends up to 30 hours a week as assigned.|
|Position Focus||2 positions available; one position is located at HBC and the other position is at RVS.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To lead and oversee administrative operations in the evening and/or weekends including the oversight of facilities, designated support services, room scheduling, and collaboration with members of the community, as needed.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that basic instructional, support services, and facilities function efficiently for evening, weekend, or when necessary during the Campus Manager's absence.
- Serves as person in charge of Campus Emergency Procedures during evening/weekend hours of operation.
- Provides information concerning the College, to faculty, staff, students, and community groups and/or community representatives..
- Facilitates evening events held by College organization or by neighborhood associations, and community groups. Serves as liaison to community members in absence of Campus Manager.
- Schedules and handles changes in room assignments for evening classes, and may distribute mail, keys, supplies, paychecks, class rosters and evaluation forms, permits, identification cards, class withdrawal forms, complaint forms, and schedules.
- Answers inquiries and resolves problems regarding programs, faculty, faculty support services, student support services, campus events, and canceled classes.
- Serves as liaison for closed College offices during evening or weekend hours of operations.
- May create and maintain a monthly newsletter for the campus.
- Serves as College cashier when required.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Facility management, operation, and maintenance.
- Community involvement in special evening and/or weekend events.
- Services and functions of educational institutions.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Methods of collaboration with community leaders, or other community members.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy with diverse constituencies.
- Effectively using organizational planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Resolving scheduling and/or resource deployment issues and conflicts.
- Overseeing facility operations.
- Event coordination.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years related work experience.
- More than two years related work experience, including community involvement and facilities operations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, Board Policy and Procedure manual, scheduling development guidelines, Employee, Faculty and Student Handbook.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.