Supervisor, Building Services
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To supervise the activities of building attendants, maintain custodial supplies, and plann work assignments and employee schedules.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and directs special projects, such as moving furniture and equipment, floor maintenance, and carpet cleaning.
- Inspects building for overall cleanliness and ensures adherence to prescribed methods of contract.
- Conducts inventories, makes recommendations for purchasing custodial supplies, and prepares purchase requisitions for supervisor's approval.
- Orients new employees, and provides on-the-job training for current employees, including demonstrating equipment and cleaning supplies proper use.
- Assists other building attendants with cleaning tasks.
- Prepares and coordinates the building services departments' annual operating budget.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Custodial and maintenance tasks and procedures.
- Custodial and maintenance safety standards and requirements.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Concepts and techniques of on-the-job training.
- Personnel, procurement, and budgeting practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Using custodial cleaning equipment, hand tools, carts, and dollies.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office equipment.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, inclement weather, and/or varying temperatures.
- May be subject to standing, walking for long periods of time, climbing, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- Routine lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work may be performed in both internal/external environments.
- Three years work experience in facilities maintenance including one year supervisory experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of custodial safety manuals and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.