Administrative Office Procedures I
08/23/2010 - 12/12/2010
W 5:40PM - 9:00PM
No office hours have been entered for this term
Study of current office procedures including telephone skills, time management, travel and meeting arrangements, mail processing, and other duties and responsibilities in an office environment.
Student Learning Outcomes/Learning Objectives
- Increase knowledge of the workplace environment.
- Increase technical skills.
- Do a job search and prepare an employment portfolio.
- Continue to develop soft skills; eg., human relations, communication, ethical behavior, critical thinking, time management, and continual learning.
POFI 2301 Word Processing: MS WORD I or equivalent.
Passing score on Reading and Writing portions of ACC's assessment test.
Basic keyboarding skills.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word..
Chapter 1 - Entering the Workforce
Chapter 2 - Becoming a Professional
Chapter 3 - Managing and Organizing Yourself
Part I Test: Chapters 1-3
Chapter 4 - Working Ethically
Chapter 5 - Understanding the Workplace Team
Chapter 6 - Developing Customer Focus
Part II Test: Chapters 4-6
Chapter 7 - Improving Communication Skills
Chapter 8 - Developing Presentation Skills
Chapter 9 - Handling Telecommunications
Chapter 10 - Planning Meetings and Events
Part III Test: Chapters 7-10
Chapter 11 - Managing Records
Chapter 12 - Handling Mail and Retaining Records
Chapter 13 - Coordinating Business Travel
Part IV Test: Chapters 11-13
Chapter 15 - Seeking Employment
- The Administrative Professional: Technology & Procedures, 14e; Fulton, et. al., ISBN: 0-538-73104-4
- Flash drive