Nursing Process for Articulating Students
08/27/2012 - 12/16/2012
M T W
1:00 - 3:00
EVC 8353 on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesdays at St. David's Hospital from 1:30-2:30. Please call 512-630-4520 for appointments.
*These care plans are to be done prior to the last week of clinical.
Note: All care plans must be completed and judged satisfactory by the instructor. Feedback will be given and student may be required to resubmit if directed by instructor. Students do not have the opportunity to correct the final two care plans. All assigned written work including care plans are to be to the instructor by 3:00 p.m. on Mondays, unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. Five points will be deducted from the final grade for any late or incomplete written work or care plan. Additional work is to be completed as indicated by the instructor.
*minumum grade of "C" required to progress to the next level
- Overview of the Nursing Process
- Nursing Assessment Phase
- Nursing Diagnosis Phase
- Planning Phase
- Implementation Phase
- Evaluation Phase
Documenting the Nursing Process
Student Learning Outcomes/Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Identify assessment data relevant to the implementation of the nursing process.
- Formulate nursing diagnoses based upon the synthesis of identified data.
- Prioritize nursing diagnoses based on acuity and complexity of stressors.
- Formulate client and family-centered goals derived from nursing diagnoses.
- Develop and organize an individualized plan of nursing care to meet established nursing goals.
- Identify rational for each nursing action based upon scientific principles.
- Develop outcome criteria for the evaluation of identified client goals.
- Utilize new data and the evaluation process to further develop an individualized plan of care.